Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Flan ... Really?

I have become increasingly convinced of this : every great dessert starts with a can of condensed milk. As soon as I see that in the ingredients list I'm done for. I will make it.
So there's a fantastic dessert I had growing up in Brazil called "Pudim de leite condensado".  In English, FLAN. The name does it no justice whatsoever. I'm shocked anyone even makes it with a name like that. Take my word for it , it is simply - To. Die. For. 

All you need ;
4 eggs
2 cans of condensed milk                                                                                                                         2 c milk
1/2c sugar 

The first thing you are going to do is get whatever dish you plan on making it in and it should be stove and oven safe. I use my bundt pan.
Over a medium high heat you melt down the sugar. Stirring and shaking around that pot to make sure it melts evenly.









Just before serving find a pretty serving dish and turn that baby over and let it pop onto the dish.
You will see in the right hand corner that I have a small ramkin dish with flan in it. You can do that too! I like to make a separate little one for my husband. Small gestures go a long way, ladies !

Let me know how yours turns out !


No comments:

Post a Comment